- Division of pharmaceutical firm experienced limited prospects for growth, declining profits and a turnover in leadership. Engagement around strategy resulted in repositioned into alternate drug delivery systems, exiting other business lines and reallocating both scientific and channel management resources to new thrust. Sales grew 30% with steady margin improvements over two-year period
- Directors of 30,000 member professional association confronted dilemma of all--consuming commitments to traditional member service portfolio as host industry underwent sea-state change driven by new technology and accompanying regulatory shifts. Helped board and executive director craft transition strategy involving augmented directorate, vendor-supported pilot projects and phased exit of legacy activities.
- Assisted specialty software firm in repositioned company from "shrink wrapped" products distributed via mass channels to Software as a Service model aimed at more lucrative segments. Success of strategy resulted in capital infusion five times sales within year.
- Mexico City-based telephony start-up unable to implement a consistent, competitively priced offering due to cultural "grid-lock" among stakeholders. Developed cross-cultural intervention and revised business plan for incubation period. Company became operational in 10 months, sold 28,000 lines at target margins within 2 years.
- Non-profit agency for multiply disabled encountered significant evaporation of funding streams following major commitments for expansion. Orderly dissolution plan developed for board and overseen during execution over subsequent months resulting in successful asset sale and transfer of responsibilities without interruption of services.
- Manufacturer of high performance coatings achieved double-digit growth in select lines, creating significant internal tension, competition for resources and ongoing debate over the future direction of the firm. Engaged to work with leadership team on comprehensive strategy within boundary conditions established by ownership, coalescing around revised organization design around three profitable SBUs.
- Family-owned producer of building materials experienced severe pricing pressure from increasingly powerful distributors. Though profitable due to aggressive cost management, company was unable to grow. Engaged to work with leadership team to craft strategy to migrate offering up the value-added pyramid and directly to end-user segments.
- Top-50 bank holding company aspired to grow at a multiple of GNP but lacked necessary "bench" to execute. Designed and conducted leader development program using business building, "stretch assignments" for next-gen leaders. Revenues and margins for these initiatives rivaled that of core lines within 36 months, one "assignment" accounted for 40% of new business by year 3.
<% updateable_features = "updateable_feature_1" %> <% updateable_features = "updateable_feature_2" %>