CEO Assessment and personal development
Our assessment protocols provide directors and CEOs with the basis for continuous improvement and the profile necessary to make informed succession decisions. Two such assessments are particularly relevant in this regard:
1. The Profile XT is used for selection, development, and succession. It is designed and developed to be role-related, addressing a multitude of performance and "personal mastery" issues and yielding insights for highly effective remediation as appropriate.
Measures: The "Total Person" along three domains:
- Cognitive: verbal and numerical capacity
- Behavioral: traits impacting role performance
- Occupational: relative interest/attachment to classes of work
Time required: 60 minutes/internet-based; no administrator or "proctoring" needed.
Customizable for organizational, divisional, subsidiary or geographic entities.
Reports immediately available on line:
- Individual Report
- Placement Report
- Succession Planning Report
- Candidate Matching Report
- Coaching Report
- Job Analysis Report
- Job Summary Graph
- Graph Report
Validation Studies: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005
2. The CheckPoint 360° appraisal is used to help leaders become more effective thru feedback from the full "circle" of people with whom they interact...board members, peers and members of their team. The findings highlight collectively perceived competencies and relative alignment, explaining opportunities for improvement in specific, actionable terms.
The Process: Using the CheckPoint 360° survey...
- The CEO does a self-rating
- The Chairman or lead director rates the CEO
- Each director individually rates the CEO
- Direct Reports rate the CEO
All survey information remains completely confidential within the spirit of the governing board's rules of engagement.
Measures: Eight Universal Leadership Competencies and 18 derivative Skill Sets.
- Listens to others
- Processes information
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
- Provides direction
- Delegates responsibility
- Adjusts to circumstances
- Thinks creatively
- Builds personal relationships
- Facilitates team success
- Task Management
- Works efficiently
- Works competently
- Takes action
- Achieves results
- Development of Others
- Cultivates individual talents
- Motivates successfully
- Personal Development
- Displays commitment
- Seeks improvement
Time required: 15 minutes on line; no administrator or "proctoring" necessary.
- Multi-rater Synthesis of Universal Leadership Competencies and derivative Skills.
- Personal Development Report that coaches the incumbent on ways to improve.
- Comparison Reports among rater "sets".
- Organizational Management Analysis Report indexing all assessments for relative alignment.
Reports immediately available on line.
Validation Studies: 1992 through 2003.